Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nice to Meet you.

Hi All,

So I've decided to get hip to the blog game.  Another way to expound on my life and style.  
Although not conventional, not always pc, and not always appropriate, it's me and true!   
I'm a Nigerian- American that hails from a place far, far away; Providence RI, and have lived here in NY for the better part of my late to late twenties (2+ yrs).  Dear I say it, I came for success and lifestyle.  It's been a memorable experience.  I can recall some of the highlights, and dark days; it's amazing that I'm still so damn optimistic. In LI, there was a woman who hated me (idk why), it was rough, but I weathered it, and managed to live within the confines of a 10x12 room.  Took the LIRR to my internship where my psycho ragging boss screamed and cursed at everyone more than she took in air. Crashed a car, lost consciousness and lived to talk about it.  Got another car, drove into the city at midnight with no brakes.  Then there was my brief stint in Union City, NJ.  Met the best landlord ever, Hi Max.  New Year's was the best          (actually the worst), got to a party in Harlem, got out the car and shoe heel fell off, drove all the way back to NJ, changed and went all the way back; remember that Re?  Within a month met a soulless, skinny angry woman who suffered from empty barrel syndrome, and moved to the Upper East Side.  I downsized to an 8x5 room, and encountered some of the coolest doormen in NYC.  Had fun, met some of my dearest friends, and partied the night away. Left the she-devil's layer, and took a tour of the Boogie Down.  It was great!  Relearned the true definition of friendship and forgiveness!  I danced marange with Katty's dad in the living room, and got hooked on homemade hot chocolate (not the stuff from packages).  Got a job in fashion (whoa -whoa!) Initially in NY, then moved to NJ (ahhh) and was given the daily once-over for my fashion audacity by the "happy haters", but what's more important, is I  was given an opportunity :). 

In April of 07,  I moved to the Beautiful BK, where I hope to begin a wonderful and slightly more settled career.  Through my travels over the last 2 yrs, I've never lost my desire to put on a little shine, and see the good in any situation.  I have amazing friends and family, that drive me crazy, and make me happy, and you'll read about them intermittently; over all I love them.  I'm driven like a beat up Cutlass in P- town, and have The Mighty One  protecting me, so forgive my directness, but I'm here for a reason and can't be swayed. 
So, again, its nice to meet you all. 
It's been real.

As Always Adenike

No comments: