Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Flashing Lights

Somewhere along the road, I forgot that I am the steam that pushes this engine. I thought that I could relax and things would just happen for me. I thought that if I follow the so-called "normal" path, things things will sooner or later makes sense, and quite frankly nothing has made any sense to me in a very long time.

It's been several months since I've posted anything new, and it's because I've been focusing on things that are not necessarily important. I have been trying very hard to fit the mold of what someone my age should be doing. After some solace, and trying to go against every fiber of my being, I now see the error of my ways. Recently I've been able to hone in on my target, and now I have it clearly insight. I have one goal, and that is to have a successful life and career as fashion designer/stylist. All other things are going to take a back seat to my new found determinations. I can not say how off I have felt while squandering my time on things that society says I am supposed to be doing. I am closing to the a milestone that has many socio-economic expectations. According to the world as I know it, I should be well established in corporate America. I should be married, with 1 child and live in a house with a yard and have a chocolate lab named Charlie.
Well, middle finger to those ideas.
I am intelligent, spiritual ( believe it or not), beautiful woman, and know exactly where I want to go. Looking to outsiders and media to tell me where I should be, has been my biggest downfall thus far.  Right now, I'm preparing the shoot for my line of special event, evening wear named OMEN, and am so excited to be working with of my favorite photographers. This is what matters most to me most. I will continue to focus on my dreams and except life the way it is until I am satisfied, and if you know me that will be never!!!!!!!!!!

There is no set formula for my success, I just know that I can, and I will.

1 comment:

PcP said...

Inspiring words... I'm mad it took me so long to find them... Hello Miss Omisore. I know you'll get to where you're going, you were always one of the strongest willed people I've ever known. I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors, and hope that you find the right light to guide you down the path you wish to take. I would one day like to see your name in conjunction with NY Fashion Week, or some Paris runway show, so I can sit back and say, "She did it! I once loved that girl. Granted it may have been puppy love, but love nonetheless." Kudos to you for never giving up on your dream!!